Pet Laser Therapy
Laser therapy is a painless, non-invasive form of treatment that stimulates the body’s natural healing and pain control response.
Pet Laser Therapy
Laser therapy is a non-invasive, non-painful way to manage pain and inflammation. Laser therapy also speeds up healing time for wound care and promotes healing at a cellular level. There are many proven benefits to laser therapy including:
Anti-Inflammatory and analgesic effects:
- Laser Therapy reduces inflammation with vasodilation, activation of the lymphatic drainage system, and reduction of pro-inflammatory mediators. As a result, inflammation, erythema, bruising, and edema are reduced. It also increases the release of endorphins and produces a suppression of nociceptors which results in a decreased perception of pain by the patient.
- Laser light increases the energy available to the cells so that they can take on nutrients and get rid of waste products more quickly. The laser also increases the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue, which speeds up the healing process resulting in more rapid wound closure and reduction in the formation of scar tissue.
Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points:
- Laser therapy stimulates muscle triggers and acupuncture points without mechanical invasion to provide musculoskeletal pain relief.
- The slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue results in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser therapy accelerates nerve cell regeneration.
Faster Wound Healing:
- Laser light stimulates fibroblast development. Fibroblasts produce collagen, which is predominant in wound healing in damaged tissue. Collagen is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or repair tissue injuries. As a result, laser therapy is effective on open wounds and burns.